ITC Advanced First Aid and Incident Management Qualification (24 hrs)
This is a comprehensive Advanced First Aid qualification covering life saving skills and medical emergencies suitable for a range of environments.
Tailored to your needs and environment, the course will provide insight into dealing with incident management and caring for those who need Advanced First Aid.
Our training is interactive, engaging and is consistent with ERC 2015/ILCOR2015/UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
In addition to lifesaving skills (CPR, AED etc.) and management of common medical emergencies, this course also covers:
- Advanced airway management
- Airway adjuncts - oropharyngeal airways (OPAs) and nasopharyngeal airways (NPAs)
- Bag Valve and Mask (BVM)
- Pulse oximetry
- Oxygen (O2)
- Catastrophic haemorrhage control
- Specialist trauma dressings such as Israeli and Olaes modular dressings
- Cervical collars
- Extraction/spine boards
- Traction devices such as the Kendrick Traction Device
- Pelvic binders
- Use of Entonox
This 24 hour Advanced First Aid course is usually completed over 3 or 4 days and is carefully designed to create skilful, resourceful and confident Advanced First Aiders capable of effectively handling a variety of emergency scenarios.
This certificate is valid for 3 years and is suitable for:
- Those wishing to go beyond First Aid at Work level
- Those wishing to become involved in event cover
- Those wishing to become involved in Mountain Rescue
- Those working in Renewable Energy and the Wind Turbine Environment
How are our courses delivered?
All of our courses are hands-on. We’ll show you how to do something – then you’ll have a go. We’ll practice how to deal with whole incidents, from finding someone in need to the point where they’re handed over to the professionals. After all, when someone becomes ill or is injured, you’ll need to manage the whole incident – not just be able to perform a couple of stand alone skills.
Group training in house at your premises from only £2495 + VAT for up to 6 people.
Simply get in touch to discuss your requirements and a member of our team will be more than happy to help.