Booking Terms and Conditions
We’ll always do our best to fulfil your needs and meet your expectations; we want you to be happy after all! To make sure we all know where we stand, please have a look at the following to make sure you’re happy with everything. If you have any questions please let us know so that we may try to help:
1. Applicable to First Aid and Manual Handling Training - These are active, practical subjects. It usually requires participants to be physically fit enough to kneel, twist, bend over simulated casualties, lift objects, sit on the floor, perform simulated CPR, roll a person over, be rolled over, etc. If you are concerned by any of these things, feel that candidates may not be able to perform some or any of these tasks or have any questions, please contact us so that we may try to help you.
2. Please inform us of any medical conditions or special requirements of any participants that you feel may be relevant. This allows us to make reasonable adjustments where necessary. We may need to contact you for further information to make sure we’re doing everything we can to support you/members of staff.
3. Unless otherwise agreed, full payment is due on the invoice due date to allow us to secure your course/place. If this is not possible, please let us know so that we may try to help. Interest is payable on late payments which is detailed on the invoice.
4. Candidates need to bring proof of their identity with them on the first day of their course. We must be able to verify candidate identity to allow certificates and qualifications to be awarded. Where identity cannot be authenticated during the course, certification and any qualification may be delayed until the candidate’s identity can be confirmed. Suitable proof of identity needs to be photographic, such as: a valid passport, driving licence, firearms licence, student card or an employer identity card.
5. Participants must attend and take part in the whole course to be eligible to be awarded certification.
6. In the unlikely event that Life Saving Training needs to cancel a course, the course can be rescheduled or the course fee can be refunded. No compensation can be offered.
7. Course participants are responsible for maintaining reasonable levels of behaviour. Unreasonable or unacceptable behaviour may lead to offenders being asked to leave the course. Any malicious damage must be paid for. Course fees are not refundable where candidates are asked to leave a course due to their actions.
8. Life Saving Training and its associates will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or delay of any kind to any client, employee of the client, any third party or object by any act, default or omission of any kind however caused except so far as such liability cannot be excluded by law.
9. Please contact us as soon as possible regarding cancellations. Notification must be given at least 14 days before the course date. Places/courses cancelled after this time cannot be refunded.
10. We understand business needs can arise unexpectedly resulting in the need to reschedule a course. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements so we can try to help. We reserve the right to charge 50% of the booking cost if a course is rescheduled within 7 days of the start date. This is to compensate for lost advertisable date/s and turning customers away.
For multiple day courses, if a second and/or third day needs to be rescheduled, the following timescales must be adhered to (as set out by the Health & Safety Executive):
Two day courses must be completed within 6 weeks of the start date
Three day courses must be completed within 10 weeks of the start date
11. By booking a course with Life Saving Training, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the above terms and conditions.
We try to keep things fair and as straightforward as possible. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com so that we may help!