ITC Certificate in Outdoor First Aid (RQF Level 3, 16+ hours)
For Outdoor First Aid in Newcastle upon Tyne, or closer to you, look no further. Our two day Level 3 qualification in Outdoor First Aid is interactive, engaging and is consistent with ERC 2015/ILCOR2015/UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
This course has been created for outdoor instructors, Duke of Edinburgh and Scout Leaders and participants, teachers and anyone who enjoys being in the outdoors.
This course validates National Governing Body Awards including Mountain Leader (ML), Single Pitch Award (SPA), Walking Group Leader (WGL), Basic Expedition Leader Award (BELA), Mountain Bike Leader, Canoe/Kayak Coach etc. The course will be tailored to the individuals on the course.
A Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work certificate which complies with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 can also be provided.
We tailor all courses to your specific requirements. No previous experience is required and this course is valid for 3 years.
What’s covered on the course?
- The role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Special considerations for the outdoor first aider
- Making incident safety decisions in the outdoor environment
- Taking and recording vital signs in a format appropriate to hand over to Rescue Team or other emergency services, making triage decisions and casualty monitoring
- Improvise casualty care techniques when standard techniques cannot be applied successfully
- Incident Procedure – ‘Primary Survey’ including casualties wearing outdoor clothing/equipment
- Incident Procedure – ‘Secondary Survey’ - including casualties wearing outdoor clothing/equipment
- Infection control
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) - including casualties wearing outdoor clothing/equipment, with and without assistance
- Practical use of a defibrillator/AED
- Record keeping and First Aid kit advice
- Removal of outdoor clothing/equipment
- Insulating and sheltering a casualty from the elements
- How to recognise and deal with a wide range of incidents including those that can occur in an outdoor environment
How are our courses delivered?
All of our courses are hands-on. We’ll show you how to do something – then you’ll have a go. We’ll practice how to deal with whole incidents, from finding someone in need to the point where they’re handed over to the professionals. After all, when someone becomes ill or is injured, you’ll need to manage the whole incident – not just be able to perform a couple of stand alone skills.
What our customers say
“The Outdoor First Aid course was excellent! Having done first aid courses in the past, this exceeded all expectations. It was practical and exciting. I highly recommend this course.”
James Y, Squadron Leader, RAF Air Cadets
“Brilliant, very well delivered. Lots of ground covered — would recommend to anyone!”
John R, St Mary’s Catholic School
“I found this course informative and enjoyable, thank you!”
Sue T, Duke of Edinburgh Award Leader
Group training in house at your premises from £695 + VAT for up to 12 people. Spaces on open courses are £129 + VAT.
Outdoor First Aid Emergency Action (8+ hours)
Spend time away from the urban environment? Perhaps you enjoy walking, climbing or exercising outside and need to know a bit more about looking after someone where help might not just be around the corner. After all, when people need help outside, there are a few extra factors you’ll need to take into account.
The Outdoor First Aid Emergency Action course covers the essentials of managing illness and injury in the outdoors, in all types of weather. It can also be suitable for some instructor awards which don’t require the full 16 hour qualification.
We tailor all courses to your specific requirements. No previous experience is required and this certificate is valid for 3 years.
Group training in house at your premises from £495 + VAT for up to 12 people. Individuals - please take a look at the Outdoor First Aid open courses and contact us to make a booking. The course will be day one of Outdoor First Aid and cost £89 + VAT pp.
Prefer to speak to someone?
Simply contact us and a friendly member of our team will be happy to help.