Paediatric First Aid Courses
Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (meets Ofsted requirements - RQF, 12+ hours)
People who look after children in the absence of their parents will benefit from Paediatric First Aid training. The qualification meets Ofsted requirements for those working in early years settings and is linked to the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) document. No previous experience is required to take part in this course.
What’s covered on the course?
You'll understand the role of the paediatric first aider by taking this course and be able to confidently deal with the following:
- Unresponsive infant or child - breathing normally and not breathing normally
- Foreign body airway obstruction
- External bleeding
- Suffering from shock
- Injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- Head and spinal injuries
- Conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- Chronic medical conditions or sudden illnesses
- Effects of extreme heat or cold
- Electric shocks
- Burns or scalds
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Minor injuries
- You’ll also understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies
Paediatric Emergency First Aid (6+ hours)
Essential life saving first aid for the baby and child is covered on this course which is the first day (6 hours) of the 2-day Paediatric First Aid qualification. If you would benefit from having emergency first aid knowledge and skills regarding children and babies then this course is for you. No previous experience is required to take part.