Paediatric First Aid Courses
Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (meets Ofsted requirements - RQF, 12+ hours)
People who look after children in the absence of their parents will benefit from Paediatric First Aid training. The qualification meets Ofsted requirements for those working in early years settings and is linked to the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) document. No previous experience is required to take part in this course.
What’s covered on the course?
You will understand the role of the paediatric first aider by taking this course and be able to provide first aid to an infant or child:
- Who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- With external bleeding
- Who is suffering from shock
- With anaphylaxis
- With injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- With head and spinal injuries
- With conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
- With a chronic medical condition or sudden illness
- Who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Who has sustained an electric shock
- With burns or scalds
- Who has been poisoned
- Who has been bitten or stung
- With minor injuries
- You’ll also understand how to complete records relating to illnesses, injuries and emergencies
Paediatric Emergency First Aid (6+ hours)
Essential life saving first aid for the baby and child is covered on this course which is the first day (6 hours) of the 2-day Paediatric First Aid qualification. If you would benefit from having emergency first aid knowledge and skills regarding children and babies then this course is for you. No previous experience is required to take part.