Sport First Aid Courses
ITC Certificate in Sport First Aid, SCQF Level 5, 1 or 2 days
Our Sport First Aid qualification is usually a one day course designed for Group Exercise Instructors, Sports Therapists and Sports Coaches. We can also run it over two days if preferred. As well as basic life support and illness management skills, this course includes knowledge and skills relevant to sports specific first aid.
Successful candidates will be awarded the SCQF Level 5, nationally recognised qualification in 'First Aid for Sport Exercise and Fitness'. No previous experience is required to take part in this course.
What’s covered on the course?
- The role of the First Aider
- Special considerations for the First Aider
- Safe best practice and awareness of current regulations
- Vital Signs
- Airway Management and Safe Airway Positions (including dealing with gum shields where appropriate)
- Incident Procedure – ‘Primary Survey’ and’ Secondary Survey’
- ‘Return to activity’ decisions - SALTAPS
- Recognition of concussion - Maddock’s Questions
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation(CPR) - single and multiple - person scenarios
- Practical use of a defibrillator/AED
- First aid kit advice
- How to recognise and deal with sports related illness and injuries.
First Aid for Sport, Exercise and Leisure (4+ hours)
This short Sport First Aid course is designed to meet the first aid training needs of the team coach, volunteer, parent or interested sports person. The content includes essential basic life support and sport injury management.